Current job vacancy for international teachers:
• Teacher of English
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract: Full Time, Fixed Term (2 years in the first instance with renewal option thereafter)
Salary: competitive salary including a comprehensive remuneration package
A comprehensive remuneration package for international teacher, to include:
• Salary: competitive salaries paid in local Chinese currency RMB and are subject to Chinese income tax. The school will offer gross annual salary in the range of 260,000 RMB – 360,000 RMB, and there is possibility to offer higher salary in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers. The school will take into consideration the candidate’s work experience, qualifications and professional achievements.
• Gratuity: one month salary bonus before tax will be awarded upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract; staff renewing contract for the third year or more receive an extra one month salary per year.
• Free accommodation and food on campus for the teacher. The school has a comfortable living area on campus dedicated to international teachers with western style apartments. The school can also rent apartment in Pingxiang city centre and cover the majority of rent cost if any international teacher prefers to live off-campus in downtown area.
• Medical: commercial health insurance cover arranged and paid for the teacher, according to “Foreign Experts Medicare Scheme” under the Pingxiang City Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs.
• Visa, work permit and resident permit arranged and paid. Staff will be working in a fully legal and secure framework. The school will reimburse work permit and visa related costs (police check, health check, legalisation of documents required, visa application) when the teacher arrive at the post (receipts needed for reimbursement).
• Flights: one annual return international flight and airport transport to home residence for the teacher (receipts needed for reimbursement).
• Arriving at the post: the school will book your flight to China, arrange arrival airport pickup and welcome.
• Relocation allowance: 5000 RMB allowance before tax each way at the start and end of employment to help towards excess baggage.
• Training: induction and in-service training including free Mandarin Chinese lessons.
• Holiday: You are entitled to paid school holidays, Chinese public holidays and 7 fixed days over the Christmas period.
• Chinese culture sightseeing allowance: 5000RMB after tax at the beginning of each school year.
• Tuition waiver at the school for eligible dependent children. Job opportunities for eligible dependent spouse.
General requirements of applicants:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching qualification (e.g. QTS) or Education Degree from a recognised institution;
• A minimum of two years teaching experience in the relevant subject (will require proof of work from previous employer);
• Fluent English speaking teacher (from major English speaking countries is preferred) with excellent communication skills, and the flexibility to work with EFL learners;
• Successful experience of teaching the English National Curriculum; the role will be to teach the listed subject based on the English National Curriculum, and make suitable modifications to meet the needs of Chinese students;
• Successful candidate would be expected to teach across the full age ranges; experience of teaching in both primary and secondary settings are desirable;
• Strong classroom and behavioural management skills and be able to teach mixed-ability classes;
• Display the highest standards of professionalism and demonstrate excellence in the classroom, a passion for maximising students’ learning and skills development, a commitment to taking a full and active role in the school;
• Good organisation skills; has had some or aspire for managerial experience;
• Mature, adaptable and resilient; good health and energetic;
• Open-minded and able to work collaboratively as a team player in an international setting; experience of working in an international setting or travelling within different cultures is preferable;
• Hold a current DBS enhanced disclosure or equivalent criminal record check clearance from your country of nationality or your current country of residence (a minimum of 1 year regular stay); please note if you have lived in other countries in the last 5 years, we will also check your previous certificate of good conduct from those countries; no harmful habits;
• Compliance with visa requirements for working in China (please note the age limit for China work visa is 60).
• Your working hours will be 8 hours a day between the hours of 08:20 -17:20 subject to timetable arrangement, Monday to Friday over a maximum of 40 weeks per year. This will include teaching up to 25 lessons per week (based on 40 minutes per lesson).
• In addition you will work such additional hours as may be needed to enable you to discharge effectively your professional duties, including in particular, the marking of pupils’ work, the writing of reports on pupils and the preparation of lessons, teaching materials and teaching programmes. The amount of time required for this purpose beyond the specified hours above shall depend upon the work needed to discharge your professional duties.
• According to Chinese official national public holiday schedule, you may have to work on some weekend days as adjusted official working days.
How to apply for a job at school:
• Please obtain and complete an application form and send together with your CV by email and direct any enquires to: [email protected]
• Application forms will be considered upon receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview either online or face-to-face (which can take place in Chelmsford UK or Pingxiang China).
• To help us make a fair and balanced assessment of you as a candidate, please provide us with all the information needed. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references, background and criminal record checks, and other necessary pre-employment checks including medical as part of China work visa requirement.
• Closing date: this job posting is valid till the vacancy is filled.
- Address Jinfeng Road, Xiashi Economic Development Zone, Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province, China. Postcode 337000
- Salary Offer RMB260,000-360,000